Sunday, December 8, 2013

Go ahead: doubt me.


What's up world!

So here I am. This is me.  I am a runner. I am a wife. I am a mom to 3 pugs.
Thirty (30) days out from Walt Disney World half marathon...it's been 7 full days since I have done any sort of training due to some nagging injuries. I am trying not to listen to the fear that I may be completely unprepared for this race. I ran Philadelphia half mid November, took a week off, then started back and injuries flared again. My inner circle will raise doubt as usual, but I am determined to run this race and finish with a smile.

I officially started running seriously 5 years ago. I've completed 3 half marathons, each time with a slower finish time than before. Quite frustrating. I've also dipped my toes into the triathlon world, having aspirations to do an ironman.

Let me put this out there now. I suck at running. Ok, maybe I'm average. I am a middle of the pack person. But I try and those 60-120 minutes I am out there, is total peace for me.

The people that are closest to me don't get my running thing. Wonder why I would venture out @ 4:30 am to run, or run in the rain or cold. They don't get that I don't really like to drink and look at me weird when I tell them I have to stay in
or go to bed early cause I have a long run in the morning. My husband supports me from afar; he tries.

If you are into running, reading about my training and my pugs, join me will you? I have big aspirations for 2014; ones that people will doubt I can achieve.  

Dare me. Go ahead.


3 comments:

  1. Woohoo, looks great! You will get though these injuries and I am sure will run and finish Disney. We can wallow in our sorrows together until we can run without it hurting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! It'll be nice to have another sub-30er to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following your year!

    ReplyDelete